Locations: To be determined: Mauritius, Johannesburg, Rwanda or Benin Preferably. Open to Flexible Hybrid working
Language: Bi-lingual (French/ English)
The Corporate Finance Lawyer will have experience negotiating corporate finance transactions including tax equity financing agreements, merger &, acquisition, deal structuring of debt and other securities.
- • Attend to all aspects and issues related to The Business corporate project.
- • Structuring, negotiating and documenting financing arrangements for corporate credits etc.
- • Responsible for handling general corporate matters including equity/debt financing transactions and corporate governance counseling
- • Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations as it relates with corporate financing.
- • Represents and Negotiate financial deals on behalf of the company.
- • Responsible for ensuring the business corporate finances are protected and operating legally.
- • Provide Legal advice in business deals and investments.
- • Design and oversee the company’s policy and position on corporate finance matters.
Education, Qualifications and Expertise:
- • Law Degree from a reputable institution and Active bar membership from an accredited law school.
- • 3-5 years of experience in a similar role with a large law firm or corporate organization
- • Strong experience in corporate financing, experience with renewables or distributed energy resources strongly preferred.
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- • Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- • Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, attention to detail.
- • A commitment to client service and the ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize matters
- • Well-organized and hardworking, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- • Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with multiple internal groups members.
- • Unquestionable ethics and integrity, sound judgment.