Locations: To be determined: Mauritius, Johannesburg, Rwanda or Benin Preferably. Open to Flexible Hybrid working
Language: Bi-lingual (French/ English)
About the Role
The Project Finance Lawyer support’s the business in providing effective and timely legal advice; Assisting in drafting, negotiation and review of legal documents and execution as it relates to project transactions and raising legal risks in relation to project transactions. Independently negotiate, review power projects agreements, conduct legal due diligence and statutory compliances required in the power and other related industries.
- Attend to all aspects and issues related to the business project development and financing, with a special focus on financing of projects.
- Structure, draft review and effectively negotiate debt, finance and partnership documents.
- Structure, draft, review and effectively negotiate membership interest in the purchase and sale agreements, power purchase agreements, and engineering, procurement and construction contracts etc.
- Perform due diligence and provide diligence guidance to development teams and external counsel regarding project acquisition and greenfield development.
- Provide general legal support to finance, business development, construction, and operations teams in the deployment of The Business projects.
- Provide general legal counsel and strategic guidance to senior and executive level management.
- Effectively and efficiently engage and manage government regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and modifies Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Attends sales meetings and project meetings as requested.
Education, Qualifications and Expertise:
- Law Degree from a reputable institution and Active bar membership from an accredited law school.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role with a large law firm or corporate organization
- Experience with the development, acquisition, disposition, and equity and debt financing of energy and infrastructure projects and companies
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Well-organized and hardworking, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under tight timelines.
- A high level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with multiple internal groups members, with the ability to grasp and develop creative legal solutions responsive to the applicable business objective and explain those legal solutions to non-lawyers.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity, sound judgment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.