Language: 1 Bilingual (French & English speaking)1 English speaking
Location: 1Nigeria; 1 Benin or Mali
Job holder will provide project management expertise, project development, project feasibilities, project coordination, and project implementation, which will include project scoping, budgeting, scheduling, coordination, monitoring, tracking and performance reporting for solar and solar thermal generators, hybrid construction activities, as well as project commissioning in Nigeria, Africa and other qualifying countries outside Africa.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of multiple projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within the scope and budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility as well as ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Ensuring accurate, cost effective and high-quality front-end engineering designs for all projects (both thermal and renewable energy sources).
- Working with external advisors, consultants and partners in delivering these high-level designs needed to arrive at optimum Capital Costs for projects to be contracted in PPA/CESL etc
- Implementing and constructing contracted projects for commercial operations and this also includes working with external advisors, contractors, consultants, patients etc
- Delegate project tasks based on individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress. Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process map documentation
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Coordinate internal and external resources, along with third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of all projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility within given timelines.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of all projects within set timelines.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
Education, Qualifications and Expertise:
- A degree in engineering, with a preference for MBA degree from top European or North American institutions
- 8+ years’ proven experience in Project Management, preferably in constructions, oil & gas, energy or power industry especially, Thermal (Gas-fired plants, and added value of HFO and Diesel generating plans)
Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Analytical – possess strong power/technical design skills and have excellent knowledge of power project development, project feasibility, project design, project execution/project implementations
- Managerial – must possess strong Project Process development and Improvement, Planning, Performance Management, Inventory Control, and Verbal Communication. And should be creative, with inherent internal drive and motivation to constantly challenge status que, look for novel solutions and approaches.
- Proactive and adaptable – willing to respond positively to changing circumstances; the ability to spot opportunities and risks, and act to get to the best outcome
- Influential – possess the ability to influence the decision making of both internal and external stakeholders
- An excellent communicator – ability to convert complex concepts into simple, well-articulated comms (power point) to suit the audience
- A relationship builder – with the ability to quickly build rapport, develop strong working relationships and work in diverse teams